Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vegetable quesadillas

I love Mexican food! Thanks to Google, I've been able to find vegetarian versions of my favorite Mexican foods. I had a craving for quesadillas one day and went looking thru the kitchen to see what I had. I came up with a squash, a zuchinni, some bell peppers of various colors, and some onions. If I had them, I would have included mushrooms as well.

After washing and prepping the veggies, I sauteed them in a pan and seasoned them with cilantro, some parsley, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. BTW, I left the skins on the squash and zuchinni...since I grew them myself, I knew they were not poisoned with chemicals.













When the veggies were sauteed--I didn't time them, I went by how they looked (not too crunchy, not too limp)--I put some of the veggies on a burrito wrap and then added some colby cheese. Note: Yes, that's an old Teflon pan...I'm in the process of replacing my old pans with new stainless steel pans...only have this pan to replace and then I have some decent cookware!













I then cooked them one at a time in some grapeseed oil from Trader Joe's, but you can use any oil you prefer. Cook until they are lightly browned and the cheese has melted. Enjoy! I put sour cream on them but if I hadn't been so hungry, I would've made some salsa or some guacamole...next time! Note: Please bear with me on the photos..I'm learning this as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to comment as long as comments are respectful and appropriate to all ages. I'll leave the comments unmoderated unless the language is something I wouldn't want kids readings. Thanks!