Thursday, September 3, 2009

Steamed veggies

This is one of our favorites that everyone loves--steamed veggies. It can be made with any of your favorite veggies. If I had some at the time, I would have also added cauliflower and broccoli.









Here's a photo of the veggies, just washed. There's squash, zuchinni, carrots, onions, green beans and sugar snap peas. I also added a couple of tomatoes but they didn't make the photo shoot...I had washed them and they were still in the sink.













This is what I use to season the veggies, feel free to add whatever your favorite seasonings are. I use olive oil, sea salt, parsley (fresh when I have it) basil (fresh when I have it, and cilantro would be good), and sometimes pepper. I use either lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. I was out of balsamic vinegar tonight and had a lemon so I used that...just a few squeezes.















The seasoned veggies..."eating the rainbow," a variety of colors, is a healthy way to eat!























Cover the dish with foil, tightly. Bake at 350 degrees until tender...about 30 minutes or so, depending on how many veggies there are.



















The finished veggies! I will be eating these veggies for my lunch for a couple of days, along with some rice or some tri-colored couscous, and a bit of cut up melons.

1 comment:


  1. Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might.
    Annyeong!Thanks for sharing your interesting article, please do visit my site too imarksweb.net. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete

All are welcome to comment as long as comments are respectful and appropriate to all ages. I'll leave the comments unmoderated unless the language is something I wouldn't want kids readings. Thanks!